Discover paradise in French Polynesia! Join PES for 8 nights to explore the best of the South Pacific with its crystal-clear lagoons, colorful coral gardens, lush rainforests, and Polynesian culture—while sailing aboard the 148-guest sailing yacht, Windstar Wind Spirit!
This Seminar is planned for 12 Continuing Education Credit Hours.
- CME/CE Professional Seminar Fee: $695
- Seminar Attendance Fee: $450
CME/CE credits, Certificates of Completion and possible tax deductible guidelines will be provided for registered Professional Seminar attendees Certificates of Attendance will be provided for ALL registered seminar participants.
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
Healthcare professionals in North America are currently faced with the challenge of both treating and preventing the ever-increasing incidence of chronic diseases such as Obesity, Diabetes, and Cardiovascular disease.
The same holds true for community healthcare practitioners in French Polynesia, with additional budgetary, resource, and delivery challenges. They are experiencing similar epidemiological transitions where communicable diseases are decreasing while non-communicable diseases are increasing. Confronting the challenges of providing quality patient care in the face of limited budgets and resources that impact healthcare delivery and access is becoming a global issue for healthcare practitioners.
Now, more than ever, it is important for healthcare professionals to collaborate with colleagues and global counterparts to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease. By design, this program offers opportunities for medical professionals to compare and contrast current best practices to provide quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional settings.
Planned In Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Healthcare Delivery in Isolated Communities with Limited Resources: Impact on Medical & Dental Care
- Medicine at Sea: Common Tropical Diseases, Marine Life Hazards & Travelers’ Illness
- Emerging Healthcare Issues: Changing Demographics & Chronic Disease Patterns
- Updates in Heart Failure, Type 2 Diabetes, Psychopharmacology
- Oral Health: Addressing Dental Diseases
- Impact of Cultural Competency on Quality Patient Care
- Mental Health and Well Being