Roundtrip Mahé on Crystal Esprit
February 27 – March 6, 2022
Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
- Begin and end your journey in Mahé, a resort island abundant with natural beauty and home to Seychelles capital, Victoria
- Admire tropical vegetation, sea turtles, and pristine beaches on Sainte Anne Island, part of the Sainte Anne Marine National Park
- Praslin, referred to as the Garden of Eden, is where you can find azure waters, tangles of jungle, and some of the world’s rarest birds
- Enjoy the relaxed tropical atmosphere of La Passe, La Digue
- See giant tortoises, hump-head parrotfish, mangrove forests, and exotic coco de mer palms in Laraie Bay on Curieuse Island
- Explore the stunning nature reserves of Cousin Island and Aride Island, both known for their exceptional bird life
All-Inclusive Cruise Package:
- Exceptional Michelin star-inspired cuisine in the elegant Yacht Club Restaurant and two al fresco cafés – The Patio Café and The Grill
- Fine wines, champagne, beer, and premium spirits, plus fresh juices, bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees, and tea
- 62-guest, all-suite yacht with butler service in all suites
- Choice of two complimentary shore excursions in most ports
- A host of watersports on the yacht’s marina including swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, and jet skiing
- Included gratuities and airport transfers to and from the yacht
- Complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi
Hot Topics in Medical, Dental & Public Health Issues
CME/CE Lecture Seminars for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Healthcare Professionals
This Seminar is planned for 12 Continuing Education Credit Hours
- CME/CE Professional Seminar Fee: $695
- Seminar Attendance Fee: $450
CME/CE credits, Certificates of Completion and possible tax deductible guidelines will be provided for registered Professional Seminar attendees Certificates of Attendance will be provided for ALL registered seminar participants
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
Confronting the challenges of delivering quality patient care in the face of limited budgets and resources is fast becoming a global issue for healthcare practitioners. Medical professionals in both North America and Africa share these challenges, especially in remote areas where healthcare access and delivery are further limited. Community healthcare in both places also reflects the emerging need to establish new best practice protocols dealing with the increasing longevity of human populations and the growth of geriatric and palliative care needs. In addition, providing treatment and prevention strategies addressing chronic disease issues such as cardiovascular, obesity, and diabetes are a continuing challenge for both continents. Life expectancy for both males and females in Seychelles is high with non-communicable diseases such as cancer, heart attacks, diabetes, asthma and depression being the leading causes of mortality.
Now, more than ever, it is important for medical and dental professionals to collaborate with colleagues and global counterparts to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of medical and dental problems. By design, this program offers opportunities for professionals to compare and contrast current best practices to provide quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting.
Planned In Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Community Healthcare Delivery in the Seychelles: Overview
- Dental Care in the Seychelles: Availability and Challenges
- Treatment and Prevention Strategies for Common Chronic Illnesses
- Oral Health: Addressing Dental Diseases
- Updates in Travel Medicine
- Wellness & Stress Management for Medical Professionals
PES Seminar Hosts
Bryan Bergens, DDS, FICOI, ABAAHP, FACD, FMNM
Dr. Bryan Bergens received his dental degree from Louisiana State University School of Dentistry in 1991 and completed his postgraduate degree in periodontics in 1993. He has been practicing periodontics for 25 years with most of his career in private practice in the Daytona Beach, Florida area and is an Associate Professor at the University of Florida College of Dentistry on a part-time basis. Dr. Bergens is board certified in periodontics and implant surgery.
Dr. Bergens is a Fellow of the American College of Dentist and the Pierre Fauchard Dental Honor Society and has served as President of the Central District Florida Dental Association 2017-2018. He is a Fellow of the International College of Oral Implantologists and Dr. Bergens recently received his ABAAHP board certification as a functional health practitioner at the A4M/MMI institute.
Bridget Bergens, OTR/L, CFSP, CPHWC
Bridget Bergens received her Occupational Therapy degree from Louisiana State University in 1986. She has 30 years of healthcare experience with 20 years as a hospital executive. In 2015 Bridget became a Certified Health and Wellness Coach and Certified Food and Spirit Practitioner. She is currently pursuing a Fellowship in Botanical Medicine.
Bridget is founder and CEO of BWell, LLC. She coaches clients on evidence-based areas of wellness, lifestyle management, nutraceuticals and overall well-being, including physical activity, nutrition, weight, stress, and life satisfaction. Her accomplishments include establishment of a Comprehensive Cancer Rehab Program, Sports Rehab Performance Program, Orthopedic Center of Excellence, and a Pediatric Rehab Center for a non-profit community hospital.
PES Distinguished Speakers
Educational Goals: Our goal is to provide unparalleled CME/CE travel opportunities for healthcare professionals that combine their most passionate destination desires with their educational goals, fostering exceptional learning experiences, friendships and connections with national and international colleagues.
- Conduct educational healthcare programs to learn about best practice models reflecting current approaches in medicine and healthcare across different cultures for providing quality patient outcomes
- Provide professional educational exchanges with international colleagues, healthcare educational organizations and clinics to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease
- Allow medical/healthcare professionals to compare and contrast current best practices in medical/healthcare delivery to provide quality patient outcomes in their own professional setting
Learning Objectives: Keep abreast of rapid expansion of medical knowledge and current best practice models on multiple topics to facilitate change and thus provide continually excellent patient care.
By design, this program permits medical experts to collaborate with colleagues and international counterparts to realize cross cultural view points and updates within the treatment and prevention of disease and offers opportunities to compare and contrast current best practices to supply quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting
Continuing Education Recognition Awards offered for healthcare professionals on this PES Program include:
Physicians: Programs are reviewed by the American Academy of Family Physicians for a minimum of 12 Prescribed Credit Hours. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) toward the AMA Physician Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Professional Education Society designates this activity for a minimum of 12 continuing education credits.
Nurses: The Professional Education Society is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 5428, for up to 12 contact hours. Although the California Board of Registered Nursing does not approve individual continuing education courses, providers are required by law to be approved by the Board. Reciprocity for continuing education hours for nurses is available in most states. Please check with your regulation board regarding requirements.
For Other Healthcare Professionals: Certificates of Attendance are issued to all participants attending credit sessions and can be submitted for credit approval to their professional board. In order to receive a Certificate of Attendance, registrants must sign-in, attend the programs and complete a program evaluation.
Tax Deduction: This healthcare seminar has been designed to comply with current IRS convention rules and deductibility requirements under Code Section 274(h)(1) as directly related to the conduct of the attendee’s profession and meeting the reasonableness standard of the foreign seminar rules. The formal meetings will be scheduled with lectures and discussions. Seminars in conference rooms, clinics or hospitals will be conducted by in-country speakers as well as distinguished faculty of the Professional Education Society.
Documentation verifying the scheduling dates, locations, hours of attendance, certificate of participation, and appropriate certificate of continuing medical, dental or nursing education will be provided at the completion of the conference. Tax deductible benefits are not guaranteed and we recommend that every attendee should consult with their Tax Consultant about their Individual situation to determine the appropriate amount and reporting of deductible expenses.