EASTERN CARIBBEAN ISLANDS ON CRYSTAL: Medical & Dental Symposium at Sea
Roundtrip Miami on Crystal Serenity
November 21 – December 2, 2020
Spend Thanksgiving with PES & earn 14 CME/CE credits while cruising the idyllic isles of the Eastern Caribbean for 11 nights in all-inclusive luxury! Rejuvenate and indulge while exploring the white sands and crystalline waters of a tropical paradise aboard the luxurious, all-inclusive, 980-guest Crystal Serenity.
Medical & Dental Symposium at Sea
CME/CE Lecture Seminars for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Healthcare Professionals
This Seminar is planned for 14 Continuing Education Credit Hours
CME/CE Professional Seminar Fee: $695
Seminar Attendance Fee: $450
CME/CE credits, Certificates of Completion and possible tax deductible guidelines will be provided for registered Professional Seminar attendees Certificates of Attendance will be provided for ALL registered seminar participants
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
Healthcare practitioners are currently faced with the challenges of both treating and preventing the ever-increasing incidence of chronic diseases in the US population. The need to adapt best practice models in the context of emerging healthcare reforms impacting patient care delivery and access to care is an important issue for all healthcare practitioners. PES is fortunate to have dental and medical practitioners representing a variety of specialties participating in the CME/CE sessions. PES understands the importance of offering inter-professional healthcare education, allowing colleagues to gain cross-specialty perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease.
The changing epidemiological profile of the populations in the Caribbean Islands, with an increase in morbidity from diabetes, heart disease and cancer, poses challenges to the current public health systems. Reducing the burden of chronic disease in a multi-ethnic population also necessitates the need for healthcare practitioners to understand the importance of employing “cultural competence” in treating these diverse populations to provide quality patient care and outcomes. Addressing these current healthcare needs in the Caribbean has focused on integrating health services and delivery networks to improve access to a continuum of primary care as the best model for disease control and prevention.
Planned In Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Initiatives to Improve the Quality of Life
- Wellness & Stress Management for Medical Professionals
- Updates in Travel Medicine
- Oral Health Inequalities in the Caribbean
- Top Medical/Disease Issues: Challenges & Solutions
- Emerging Dental Issues: Treatment & Prevention
- Future Focus: Key Healthcare Topics
Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
- The volcanic twin islands of St. Kitts & Nevis are perfect tropical escapes with lush rainforests and golden beaches with clear-water snorkeling
- St. Lucia is home to many natural riches, including its dramatic pair of emerald mountains rising from azure waters and vibrant coral reefs
- Colorful Barbados is famed for its fantastic beaches and friendly locals, as well as its UNESCO World Heritage-listed capital, Bridgetown
- Explore Guadeloupe’s French colonial architecture, vibrant markets with flavorful local cuisine, and pink-sand beaches with turquoise lagoons
- Visit the celebrity hideaway of St. Barts, considered the most glamorous island in the Caribbean, with high-end shopping and pristine beaches
- The mountainous U.S. Territory of St. Thomas offers beautiful powdery sand beaches, tropical foliage, and unsurpassed duty-free shopping
All-Inclusive Cruise Package:
- Extraordinary Michelin-inspired cuisine in a variety of elegant restaurants and cafés, all with open seating, and 24-hour room service
- Fine wines, champagne, beer, and premium spirits, plus fresh juices, bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees, and afternoon tea
- Award-winning six-star service with one of the highest staff-to-guest ratios in cruising, plus butler service in penthouse accommodations
- Gratuities for housekeeping, bar, dining, and penthouse butler staff
- Big Band & Ballroom Dance themed cruise, plus Broadway-style entertainment, vocalists, performers, and piano bars
- Wellness programs with classes in yoga, mat Pilates and spinning, PGA golf instruction, and fully-equipped fitness center
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi and $200 shipboard credit per person
Why Travel with PES?
We design exclusive customized CME/CE Cruise & Travel programs for medical, dental, nursing and allied healthcare professionals utilizing expert in-country and distinguished PES Faculty. We understand that medical professionals have discriminating tastes and their time is extremely valuable. In every destination, our educational goals combine the best hands-on cultural and learning opportunities, fostering exceptional learning experiences, friendships and connections with national and international colleagues. We pay attention to striking the optimal balance to what there is to discover and learn at each destination in conjunction with our educational seminars.
- Experience planning healthcare programs since 1980
- Personalized service from your first contact through to your on-site travel experience
- New exciting destinations offered every year
- Access to in-country medical and healthcare facilities
- Travel with colleagues and like-minded individuals
- CME/CE Lecture Seminars by PES Faculty and local experts
- Volunteer speaking opportunities
- Interact with multiple healthcare specialists enriching professional collaboration
- 12–18 Continuing Education credits offered on each trip
- Possible Tax deductible benefits
- Family and friends are always welcome!
Call or email PES today to book your stateroom on this all-inclusive, luxury sailing while earning CME/CE credits!