Yacht the Harbors of the Rivieras – Exploring Medicine, Dentistry & the Mediterranean Healthcare Model
October 22 @ 8:00 am - October 29 @ 5:00 pm
$695 plus cruise fare
The Professional Education Society invites you to join our CME/CE Seminar for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Healthcare Professionals.
Yacht the Harbors of the Rivieras
Rome to Barcelona on Windstar Wind Surf
October 22 – 29, 2019
Join PES and discover the sparkling cities and charming villages of the Italian, French, and Spanish Rivieras for 7 nights aboard the 310-guest flagship sailing yacht Wind Surf.
Healthcare practitioners are currently faced with the challenges of both treating and preventing the increasing incidence of chronic illness with a focus on obesity related diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Educating populations on the impact of diet and lifestyle on chronic disease and overall health has become a key area in addressing these global public health concerns.
The Mediterranean is known for the generally good health of its population, in part due to embracing traditional healthy lifestyles and a cuisine that provides health benefits derived from following a Mediterranean diet model. However, like many developed countries, they are challenged with implementing new healthcare reforms within the context of increasing budgetary restrictions and the healthcare demands of a growing aging population if they wish to maintain current healthcare standards.
Now, more than ever, it is important for healthcare professionals to collaborate with colleagues and global counterparts to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease. By design, this program offers opportunities for professionals to compare and contrast current best practices to provide quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting.
Planned In-Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Healthcare Systems Overview
- Dental Healthcare Updates: Delivery & Treatment
- Evaluating the Impact of Diet and Lifestyle on Disease
- Top Medical Issues: Confronting Healthcare Needs
- Medical/Dental Focus on Preventative Care
- Updates in Travel Medicine & Medicine at Sea
Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
- Explore Portoferraio, a historic Tuscan village on Elba Island
- In Portofino, hike to Santa Margherita, shop in elegant boutiques, or visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cinque Terre
- In glamorous Monte Carlo, located on the Côte d’Azur, see the Royal Palace and Grand Casino, or take an excursion to Nice
- Visit Cannes designer shops and sun-drenched beaches, or travel to a Provençal vineyard or the medieval village St. Paul de Vence
- Sanary-sur-Mer, the sunniest city on the French Riviera, is a fishing town home to a beautiful coastline and quiet pedestrian streets
- Roses, on Costa Brava, is a lively town known for its splendid beaches
Your Windstar Voyage Includes:
- Open-seating dining in a choice of four dining venues featuring specialty dining under the stars and 24-hour room service
- All non-alcoholic drinks including specialty coffees, soft drinks, and juices with an option to purchase an all-inclusive beverage package
- $100 shipboard credit per person (spa, shop, internet, laundry)
- Relaxed and casual onboard ambiance and ample leisure areas including WindSpa, lounge, library, pool, pool bar, and hot tubs
- Complimentary onboard entertainment including local performances, a watersports platform, Windstar’s signature onboard barbecue with live music and entertainment, and cooking demonstrations