Updates In Diabetes, Obesity, Preventive Cardiology, And Advanced Lipidology
October 27 - November 3$895
Update on diabetes therapies that improve cardiovascular outcomes, Review new approaches to diabetes care
- Review cardiovascular outcomes data for currently available diabetes medications including review of new classes of agents, GLP-1 agonists, SGT2 inhibitors, Quick release bromocriptine.
Obesity management from the perspective of a lipidologist: root causes analysis and treatment options
- Identify medical factors, medications, insulin resistance as secondary causes of obesity and how to work up, address and treat these conditions .
- Discussion of currently available obesity medications and impact on cardiovascular markers.
Updates in lipid management:
- Review LDL lowering therapies including PSCK 9 inhibitors and cardiovascular outcomes data, Role of hyperabsorption and treatment options.
Advanced biomarker testing:
- How to use Apo B, LDL P, Lp (a) , inflammatory markers in both primary and secondary prevention.
- Review of the evidence for use of biomarkers in clinical risk assessment and management.
Case studies :
- Complex lipid management, learn how to manage the most difficult cases.
Lowering triglycerides and raising HDL Cholesterol, does it matter?
- Review of trial data for niacin, omega 3 fatty acids, fibrates
Microbiome and cardiovascular disease
- Review of role of gut health and cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- How to practically assess gut health, TMAO and other gut health markers.
Women and cardiovascular health throughout the lifetime
- Management of cardiovascular risk throughout lifetime.
- PCOS, menopause, child bearing age. Role of inflammation, MTHFR