ICELAND CIRCUMNAVIGATION CRUISE: Medical/Dental Healthcare Needs in Iceland
July 29 - August 5$5,380
The Professional Education Society invites you to join our CME/CE Seminar for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Healthcare Professionals
Join PES on a voyage of discovery! Surround yourself with breathtaking scenery and visit extreme lands of fire and ice on this week-long journey to Iceland! Plus, cross the Arctic Circle to witness the extraordinary midnight sun!
Our itinerary includes volcanoes and glaciers, lava fields and green pastures, boiling thermal springs and ice-cold rivers teeming with salmon. This unspoiled paradise is also home to a very old and sophisticated culture. Go far beyond the tourist hotspots to remote fjords, raging waterfalls, and small fishing villages. Get to know the independent and creative Icelanders, and watch whales and seabirds play offshore.
Ponant Le Boreal offers authentic, luxury travel experiences aboard smaller-sized yachts in 5-star comfort.
Ponant’s All-Inclusive Cruising:
- All meals – gourmet cuisine with a French touch – in a choice of two restaurants and 24-hour room service
- Complimentary wines, house champagne and spirits, as well as specialty coffee drinks, soft drinks, juices, bottled water and afternoon tea service
- Pre-paid gratuities for housekeeping, bar and dining staff
- Captains Welcome Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- Evening entertainment and events
- Included port and safety taxes
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
PES is fortunate to have dental and medical practitioners representing a variety of specialties participating in the CME/CE sessions. PES understands the importance of offering inter-professional healthcare education, allowing colleagues to gain cross-specialty perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease. The need to adapt best practice models in the context of emerging healthcare reforms impacting patient care delivery and access to care is an important issue for all healthcare practitioners.
Planned In Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Healthcare Delivery Strategies for Isolated Communities
- Overview of Iceland’s Healthcare Delivery System
- Travel Medicine Updates & Medicine at Sea
- Updates and Icelandic Perspectives on Dentistry
- Cold Weather and Health: The Effect of Cold Temperatures on Humans
- Effect of Climate Change & Environmental Pollution on Human Health in the Arctic
- Strategies for Community Health Outreach: Risk Management & Prevention