- This event has passed.
GRAND JAPAN CRUISE – Medical/Dental Advances in Japan
April 6 @ 8:00 am - April 16 @ 5:00 pm
$695 plus cruise fare
Grand Japan Cruise on Windstar Star Legend
Join PES to discover the tranquil beauty of Japan, from ancient temples to modern skyscrapers, on an unforgettable 10-night cruise during the height of the spring cherry blossom season.
Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
- Experience the majestic views of Mount Fuji in Shimizu
- See Tokyo, a city brimming with both ancient and modern culture, where futuristic skyscrapers tower over traditional markets
- Observe the Peace Memorial Parks of Nagasaki and Hiroshima
- Visit Kagoshima, known as the “Naples of the Eastern World” for its warm climate, bay location, and active volcano, Mt. Sakurajima
- In Shingu, a small coastal city, visit two ancient and sacred shrines, both designated as UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Travel to Busan, South Korea, a modern city known for its popular beaches, natural hot springs, and ancient Buddhist temples
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
For the last 20 years, Japan has been ranked number one in the world in both life expectancy and healthy lifestyles, but Japan should not be complacent simply because of its high life expectancy. Japan’s healthcare system is fundamentally a system of universal health insurance coverage. Japanese citizens belong to the national health insurance, workplace-based health insurance, or government-managed health insurance system. It is a free-access system with no gatekeepers that allows people to be examined and treated at the medical institutions of their choice, regardless of their symptoms.
We explore these challenges with in-country professionals and provide opportunities for practitioners to enhance healthcare delivery models and best practices to prevent and control disease in cross-cultural environments.
Planned In Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Healthcare System Overview
- Treatment and Prevention Strategies for Common Chronic Illnesses
- Dental Healthcare Updates: Delivery & Treatment
- Top Medical/Disease Issues: Challenges & Conquests
- Updates in Travel Medicine & Medicine at Sea
- Preventive and intervention strategies to improve population health