5th Annual Urgent Care and Emergency Medicine for the Primary Care Provider
October 23 @ 8:00 am - October 25 @ 1:00 pm$655
Presented by Continuing Education Company (CEC); for over 25 years our Primary Care CME Conference Series is designed to update primary care clinicians in rapidly changing therapeutic areas. This year, CEC is pleased to host the “5th Annual Emergency and Urgent Care Medicine for the Primary Care Provider” to be held in San Diego at the Omni San Diego Hotel on October 23-25, 2020.
Emergency and Urgent Care medicine involves the delivery of immediate medical care for the treatment of acute and chronic illness and injury. Practitioners providing emergency and urgent care need to be proficient in evaluating and caring for patients presenting with a broad range of acute medical problems. As a result, urgent care medicine requires clinicians to have an extensive scope of knowledge and expertise in the evaluation and treatment of acute medical conditions in all age groups.
This conference will focus on timely and practical issues involving emergency and urgent care medicine. Sessions will provide the latest evidence-based information on the evaluation and treatment of acute emergency conditions. Each session will provide best practices for use in an outpatient clinical setting.
As a result of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the clinical presentation of the acute disorders seen in the primary care setting.
- Identify the role of the primary care clinician in the management of these problems.
- Utilize current advances in the diagnosis and treatment of these problems, using whenever possible, an evidence-based approach.
- Delineate which patients require immediate hospitalization and additional care and those that can be successfully managed as outpatients.
- Interact and question nationally acclaimed speakers on a variety of clinical scenarios from medical practice.
This conference is designed for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other related healthcare professionals involved in the delivery of immediate medical care for the treatment of acute and chronic illness and injury.
The Omni San Diego Hotel is located in the heart of the historic Gaslamp Quarter, connected via skybridge to Petco Park and home to the San Diego Padres. This luxury 21-story four-star hotel sits across from San Diego Convention Center. The hotel’s accommodation will welcome you with California warmth and sophistication throughout your stay. Take in the extraordinary views of San Diego Bay, the downtown skyline or ballpark from the comforts of your guest room or enjoy the sun-soaked outdoor terrace with a pool, fireplace and the Terrace Bar & Grill.